Well Thanks

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:31
ThreadID: 100634 Views:2027 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Some of you may have already noticed and some of you may not but look over to the right of this thread and you will see a new button called "Thanks". It is available in all threads and on each part (thread, reply & follow-up).

So what is the Thanks button all about, well thanks for asking. This new tool is designed to allow you to provide a level of feedback to the poster without having to write a reply.

So when do you use it? Well any-time you see a posting that you either think is good, correct or has helped you in anyway then why not send the poster a Thanks.

What happens when you press it? The system will change the Thanks button into a Thanked button and change it's colour to Orange (this indicates that you have press it). If you press it again it will remove your Thanks. The poster will be sent an email alert (if Forum Alerts are enabled in their profile) only when the Thanks button is pressed, it does not send them an alert if you remove the thanks. Additionally the system will not send an alert if a thanks is recorded in an archived thread, but you can still use the button in the Archives.

Who has Thanked? Each Thanks is recorded and if you hover your mouse over the Thanks or Thanked button you will see a list of all people that have sent a Thanks.

So why not give it a go in this thread if you like and test it out. Maybe you would like to thank me for writing the Thanks system and maybe not but thanks for reading and thanks for using TriathlonOz.

Thanks
David
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator