new event

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 21, 2017 at 08:05
ThreadID: 135890 Views:35776 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys I'm new here so not sure if posting in right area. After a couple of years of thinking about it and now a year and especially the last 3 months of looking for spots etc. I'm well into the process of starting up a new event, they are starting to become a part of tri's and in America of course they have a world series.I'm about to do as far as I can tell the first stand alone Aqua bike. I thought I'd come on some forums and gauge reaction before finalising my deals. The reason I've thought of this is I'm a motorbike racer and and train for that. However I used to do marathons and fun runs as a kid and damaged my cartlidges which actually got removed before i was 16 so my knees have been bad since. I'm now 45 and only stopped running about 5 years ago as pain got way to much to be bothered putting up with. It's been hard finding places I'd like to run the first one as some councils have been very hard to deal with. So my question is are their many others out there who would be interested in a swim/cycle only event would you travel, and if successful would people be interested in a series as I'd like to take it around the country ( yes I always go big). I was racing in Darwin in july/august and loved it there so I'm in negotiations with them to hold the first event there. Get out of the southern winter for a nice holiday and event to me is perfect. If I can get enough interest I will continue and start advertising. I'll then try and get some accommodation packages sorted as well
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator