KY Jelly Keeps Heart Rate Under Control

Submitted: Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:06
ThreadID: 94719 Views:2712 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have now learnt how good KY Jelly is. I had the tube in the bedroom and having been married for several years now I had forgotten what it was or what it is used for but today I have found a good use for it.

Image Could Not Be Found

You know when you get on the bike or go running and the bloody heart rate on your computer goes bannanas even though you have wet the sensor pads! Well I found that KY is a great wetting agent for the pads. It is absorbed into the body after a good period of time so during that early time frame when you do not have enough sweat on the body to make the sensors on the heart rate work the old KY does a fantastic job.

So I will try this again for the next few days and report back. Have a long ride tomorrow starting at 5AM so it will be cold for ages and I will know straight away if it works for this. I may not mention to the girls that I have the KY on at the start of the ride it may make it hard to ride with them.....

So now you all have an excuse to pass over the KY early in the morning and it involves getting out of bed not into it.

If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gilly - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:36

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:36
Hope the KY jelly wasn't expired...
AnswerID: 482439

Follow Up By: TriathlonOz - David - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:52

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:52
Interesting I just went to the said tube and there is no date shown on it anywhere. I wonder if it is that old that it was before use by dates were required or maybe they do not reckon this stuff has a use by date!
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 757666