Challenge Wanaka - And New Zealand

Submitted: Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 14:40
ThreadID: 100304 Views:6238 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I trust all is well in the Tri-world.

Not long back from climbing in New Zealand. Had a great time, but suffering with an achillies problem...

I’m going for PRP treatment next week, so figures crossed as it has literally been my “achillies heel” for far too long.

Anyway, whilst in Wanaka, New Zealand they had the “Challenge Wanaka” event which they bill as the world’s most scenic iron man distance triathlon. They also do a half as well.

Wanaka Challenge

And the local doctor did it twice. Andrew McLeod did two swims, two rides, two runs – Amazing!

Andrew McLeod - does it twice

Anyway, having just spent three weeks in the region climbing, all I can say is that if you want to go through the challenge (and pain) of a triathlon then I reckon this would have to be one of the greatest places to do it.

For me, the next few months will be spent on high intensity cardio, probably mostly rowing and kayaking, as well as lots of hill walking with a heavy pack, ahead of my expedition to Nepal later this year!

Good luck out there...Baz
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 21:52

Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 21:52
Wow Baz - I hadn't heard of Andrew before. Thanks for the link. I have never heard of anyone doing a double ironman!
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 503823

Reply By: TriathlonOz Facebook App - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 00:07

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 00:07
Michelle Martin posted this reply on the TriathlonOz Facebook page:

double ironman?! WOW! - http://www.odt.co.nz/news/queenstown-lakes/241901/gp-prescribes-himself-double-dose-triathlon
AnswerID: 504036

Reply By: TriathlonOz Facebook App - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 10:54

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 10:54

I still can't believe he did a double-ironman non-stop!! Is he the first to do this? It's insane!
AnswerID: 504368

Reply By: TriathlonOz Facebook App - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 19:40

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 19:40

double ironman?! WOW! - http://www.odt.co.nz/news/queenstown-lakes/241901/gp-prescribes-himself-double-dose-triathlon
AnswerID: 511069

Reply By: TriathlonOz Facebook App - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 19:40

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 19:40

I still can't believe he did a double-ironman non-stop!! Is he the first to do this? It's insane!
AnswerID: 511070