Comment: My Race Story - IM70.3 Busselton

Great reading Michelle. Was interesting to see your swim leg google thingy. At the 3rd turn i too went too far to the shore, but i started swimming in a diagonal from about half-way. As you were just ahead of me on the swim, you would have been in the group that i saw come up from the beach to round the bouy. It was so funny, i had been swimming on my own, what seemed like forever, (I thought I'd been in the water for hours), and then as i approached the cone, a massive bunch of swimmers came up from the beach side and rounded the cone just in front of me...and you were one of them.....and your recollection of the bike penalty was exactly the same as mine....It was very crowded on the road. I'll be putting in a blog soon too. Pity I don't have all your nifty satellite stuff. The swim would have been mighty interesting....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:13

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:13
Moya, if you've got a Garmin and you're a Member (as I know you are), then you should be able to do this route plotting in your blog too. This layout happens automatically on TriathlonOz through our software that David has custom-coded to do this - pretty cool huh! It just converts your Garmin activity files to this nice layout. And as in mine above people can click the Open Activity File button to see the whole thing blown up in full screen in our mapping engine on your Member Profile page. I'll help you with it if you like.... there's a button in your blog "Add Activity Log". Can't wait to read your story too.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 548472