Comment: Cho Oyu and Beyond (& Short Course Triathlons)

Oh Baz, oh WOW!! This is exciting news. You sound more prepared than David was in '96 - but he only walked from Katmandu to base camp :0 it had a profound and lasting effect on him however. Can't wait to read about these expeditions. PS: have a chat with Adele as we can supply the full range of Sea to Summit gear, but only some of it is listed in the shop but its all available.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:14

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:14
Thanks for that. I have been a bit reluctant to put it out there, but in the end having support of those around you is always a big help! And that is the plan, and many things both inside and outside of my control will influence it. The main thing is for me to build on the skill base, and the fitness. Fitness, kind of fits like a glove with the stuff I already do...It is a big goal, but hey, I read a great quote the other day by Helen Keller..

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the chilren of man as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all".

What attracts me to this as a challenge is that on so many levels it provides an opportunity to grow in the face of difficulty, and to truly come face to face with myself...

But geez, starting to get a but deep, it is just one step at a time....

And I will check the shop out, thanks Baz
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 548519