Review: Complete Guide to Running

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:11
ThreadID: 88495 Views:2146 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

This is one of those books that looks a little daunting. I just wasn't inspired to open the cover... but now that I have I haven't been able to put it down. Just reading the contents page alone is enough to get you excited about what you'll learn. I've read a lot of sports theory lately, and you tend to find the same thing in most books - not so with this title. In fact, I was surprised how much could be written on the subject of running - and how useful it was to me. I have learned lots that I wish to put into practise. I think what is best, is that it doesn't stray onto too many side topics and really gets stuck into running - it is all relevant, inspiring, motivational, and very very useful.

Even though its a huge 440 pages, I didn't fall asleep once - I think that is because each concept is clearly set out to allow your mind to take a break after absorbing it. However, this is the kind of book you probably don't read from cover to cover but flick to a section relevant to you at the time. I am impressed that such a comprehensive encyclopeadic text on running can be so enjoyable to read. A definate stayer for my bedside table! Highly recommended for all runners of all abilities. It will teach you how to develop goals, or help you how to attain your current goals and plan your running career going forward.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator