Avon Descent

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:45
ThreadID: 90134 Views:2375 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have threatened to go in this previously, but it is definitely on the list for next year given I am currently doing a reasonable amount of white-water (of sorts) ahead of the Speight’s Coast to Coast.

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has done it previously, and what it was like. As an aside, my sister-in-law lives on the river at Guildford and is only about 2 kilometres from the finish – so I’ve been promised a big ‘cheer’ squad...

Cheers, Baz
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011 at 14:29

Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011 at 14:29
ooo, really? Well done! Another big commitment. David did it in a pair - both paddled each day, doing 1/2 day each. He said "The Valley" is the hardest. It's hard to train for too, as the valley is closed to public access until race day, but is the part where all the ti-trees and fast moving water is. His mates who do it each year insisted on taking him up there for a few weekends leading up to the race but its hard unless there is enough water as you're just fighting the snags, rocks etc. I have a good bit of video showing bits of the course, so when I get time to load it into Vimeo or YouTube I'll embed it here for you.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 470171

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011 at 15:15

Wednesday, Nov 16, 2011 at 15:15
Thanks Michelle...Kayaking, not white-whater necessarily so, is my usual thing so committing to the year ahead given I have done some white-water now.
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 744633