Review: Going Long

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 15:55
ThreadID: 90360 Views:2668 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

I decided to read this for the purpose of a book review as I am not doing an IM anytime soon. I have read a few books by Jo Friel now and I really enjoy his style and this is no exception.I enjoy reading all that I can about training and finding tips to improve, but I tend to fall asleep easily when it gets too heavy, repetitive or fluffy. Not so with this book. It's a sensible read, but is neither too simplistic to suit only first timers, nor too advanced/technical to suit seasoned Ironmen. It's full of useful stuff, so I'm surprised they didn't call it the "Ironman Bible", since Joe already has written a serious of "Triathlon Training Bible" titles. It's important to understand that this book isn't a rigid program (but programs are included) so it wouldn't matter if the person was already on a program, as it helps explain some of the critical physiological adaptive processes that the body goes through when training and would help someone maintain a sense of reason, and gain renewed trust in their program if reading this book alongside or during their IM training. A 5 star from me, but I'm still not convinced I'm up for this distance.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator