Review: Swim Workouts for Triathletes

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 17:11
ThreadID: 90361 Views:729 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

Ok, so I bought it and I'm impressed - I'll take it to the pool tonight. It looks like just what I need - a coach in a book. I can't afford a coach, but want to get quality from my sessions. I thought the book was only going to have swim sets on pages, but its actually got more than that. First, it has a section of workouts grouped by goal so you can choose what type of workout you might want to do and go to that section - these are Endurance, Force, Muscular Endurance, Anaerobic Endurance, 30minute workouts, Open water workouts and Testing. There's also a section of training plans - there's a 12 week general fitness plan, a 15 week sprint distance plan, 13 week OD & Half IM plan, and 13 week IM plan. There's also a section on drills - with pictures and explanations, and a glossary and list of abbreviations. Overall, I think this book is worth every cent and is spiral-bound, super compact so designed to take to the pool.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - David - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 18:33

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 18:33
I had better take a look at that title as I need something to get me motivated to get back into the pool. Since Vegas I have not had any motivation to go for a swim.

I may take it for a splash on Friday.
David
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 471302

Follow Up By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 18:42

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2011 at 18:42
Well the pages are waterproof ;)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 745883

Follow Up By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 03:34

Wednesday, Nov 30, 2011 at 03:34
Chose a speed workout for tonights session, went well. Felt good knowing I had specific sets but took more mental effort and timing without a coach to do it for me. Will need to borrow your tempo trainer David next time as the books sets pacing (ie. swim 3x 100 at T-pace +3secs. What the heck is that?).LOL

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 745932