Group Ride - Perth Hills Sat 28th Jan

Submitted: Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:59
ThreadID: 91393 Views:5366 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I am arranging a ride up in the Perth Hills this weekend. Meeting time 6AM Guildford Railway Station car park eastern end. This is a hilly ride and as such is not really suited to TT bikes. I would also recommend a 25 tooth rear end or bigger (dependant on your front cranks of course ie: 53/39).

Dependant on the numbers we may split into two group with the faster group doing the 76km loop and the slower group doing to 60km loop. We will meet up again at Guildford for coffee and/or breakfast. Expecting to be back to Guildford by 9:30AM.

Open the embeded activity logs to see the course, profiles and route. You can also see the start/end point car park if you zoom into the map.

The 60km Loop
The 76km Loop

Any questions etc please respond in this post or email me david@triathlonoz.com

David
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Sunday, Jan 29, 2012 at 16:30

Sunday, Jan 29, 2012 at 16:30
Great ride yesterday thanks David and you did good to keep the weather cooler than expected, it didn't even get to 30 by the time we'd finished and I enjoyed the shade (and breeze) most of the way. It was also good to see someone else set themselves unfinished business with "that" hill in Darlington too (tee hee hee) and that was with his 36/28 so I feel a bit more justified about my 39/23 fail there a few weeks ago. LOL
I think we should try to stick with the return route along Midland Rd like we did yesterday - that's a great power stretch for the legs to bring it home, especially after the recovery down the zig zag. I wonder if we'll get any more takers next time?

Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 476305