Review: Running Testing Yourself

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 4/5

I don't like the title personally, probably because I'm a triathlete so I race and train with a Garmin so I'm always "testing" myself. I expected the book to contain more sports-science testing methods (ie. LT testing, VO2 testing, Max HR testing, Power testing etc) but that's NOT what's in this book. The title is more a motivational one, and given the content, I see now that its targetted to people that run but have not really thought about putting themself through a race as a test of their ability, or for people that don't think about pacing and don't have any structure to their weekly mileage and intensity. So this book outlines how to tackle your running sessions with respect to seeking performance improvement, through looking at your pace, setting goals etc. On that front, its a very good quality book. I have personally found I've picked up good tips, and understand some of the theory behind what's involved in making speed improvements. I'd say its best suited to new runners or triathletes that need to work on their running (like ME!). Definately good value.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator