Review: Swim Workouts for Triathletes

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

I am really enjoying my swimming again and it is all thanks to this book. If you do not have it and you swim I would strongly recommend that you get it. I have now switched to swimming with this for every pool session as it gives me something to work to and it makes the whole session much more enjoyable. I have looked at the suggested programs and these are a good guide, but really every swim session is worth doing and there are two levels listed for each session. It costs a little more but that is due to the quality of the pages. Mine even went in the pool the other day and after a dry off it is perfect, the pages are made of a plastic material and the whole book is spiral bound.
Excellent training aid worth every cent.
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Monday, Feb 13, 2012 at 20:48

Monday, Feb 13, 2012 at 20:48
Yes I agree. For me, the biggest advantage has been developing my understanding of pacing. The books pushes me like I would doing a squad session but only to within MY limits because the book gets to you to test yourself to find your T pace first, then all sets are based on that T time (with variations of T + or T- ) which makes it customised. This means I don't blow up and can finish the sets but feel confident that I'm pushing myself to the right limits. I would also agree it is worth it.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 477685