Speed Sled - First Session

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 09:08
ThreadID: 92332 Views:5273 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I trained with it yesterday for the first time, and what a work-out I got from it. I combined it with kettle-bells, and pulled the sled with weights at the same time. I did the following routine carrying two 16kg kettle-bells and the sled weighed in at 25kg. The length of each pull was around 40 metres x 19 by the time I got through all the exercises. And a 45 minute period.

I must say the heart-rate was well and truly elevated, and it worked my core (to the core!) solidly.

It will be interesting to see the result over time... Especially how it helps explosive power...

1. Forward / backward drag & farmer walk
2. Forward / backward drag & rack walk
3. Forward drag & Overhead walk
4. Forward drag & cross carry
5. Forward / backward drag & 1 arm farmer walk
6. Forward / backward drag & 1 arm rack walk
7. Forward / backward drag & 1 arm overhead walk

Cheers, BBB
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 11:38

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 11:38
Very interesting... you sound like a machine! But I think you need to show us video or at least photos of these movements - what is a farmer walk, rack walk etc?
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 479606

Follow Up By: The Landy - Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 15:52

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2012 at 15:52
Well not sure about the machine bit, but here is a farmers walk, great for strength and endurance, and just add a sled and pull it behind you as you do the farmers walk.

The other exercises were variations of the farmers walk, for example the overhead is just that, hold the weights above your head and drag the sled. Fantastic work-out and I’m sure it has application for Triathletes, especially for muscular endurance.

Cheers, BBB

Farmers walk
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755096

Reply By: TriathlonOz - David - Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:04

Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:04
Baz,
OMG I do not reckon I could carry 2 x 16kg kettle-bells for that length of time little own lugging some heavy darn sled behind me. Good work. Yeah I reckon you need to setup a video and show us all what it all looks like. Anyway enjoy it and do keep telling us about it even if you do not get to video it.
David
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 479961

Follow Up By: The Landy - Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:34

Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:34
Well actually up at Newcastle thisweekend and will be doing some of this training, so might be able to orgainise the video.

Mind you, this is like 30/40 metre walk up, and back, with a 1 minute rest before going again... But great workout..

Cheers...
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755439