Workout of the Day - MULTI BRICK

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:17
ThreadID: 92520 Views:3066 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
What is a multi brick I hear you ask. Well today we are doing one. A multi brick is basically a number of cycle/runs. Usually done on a windtrainer and either a local street or running machine.

3-6 x 10 min Cycle, 10 min Run

Each set is 20 mins so the program will last for 1-2hours or more if you add more sets.

Not hard to write this session but it can be easy or challenging dependant on speed of run and resistance of bike. Try to keep your bike and run cadence similar and target 85-90.
If it's not hurting your not tri'ing!
---------------------------------------
David Martin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 13:14

Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 13:14
Thanks for getting me to do that workout with you today - you did tons of those multibricks training for worlds, but that was the first time I've done one. Even though I ran last night I actually enjoyed this multibrick session and found it quite manageable (=I rested on the bike!!)

For anyone that's interested, we have both our bikes setup in our gym alongside our treadmill, so we take turns on the tready, then switch to our bikes and just switch our shoes in between.

Total sweat-fest, but not a bad way to start the day. Glad we opted for only the 60min (3 cycle) sesh, instead of 120 mins (6 cycle) though!

Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 480417

Follow Up By: The Landy - Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 14:05

Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 14:05
I like this one!
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 755884