Multisport training

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 08:14
ThreadID: 97595 Views:2443 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I'm looking to train for the multisport races. I'm just looking for people to train with or any tips and ideas. I live in the northern subrurbs and am prepared to train evenings and maybe really early mornings 4-6 days a week. Cheers for the feedback.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:39

Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:39
Hi Paul,
The best advice I can give you is to try joining one of the local triathlon clubs. We have a clubs listing section on the site (under Community) that will give you a list to choose from, and provides links to their websites and contact details etc. North Coast is based in Hillarys and do most of their training around Sorrento/Hillarys/Joondalup. Their website is informative about training rides, runs, swimming etc. Depending where you live, Stadium (based in Claremont) might work better for you?

I've been a member of North Coast for about 3 years (?). I can ride 3 mornings a week, swim 2 nights a week, do an ocean swim on a Sunday morning, or go to a weekly interval running session, maybe join in one of their "fun" events - eg. duathlons or aquathlons etc.

But its from these sessions that you meet people, discuss events, and find new friends etc. For me, just starting triathlon 3 years ago it was the best thing that ever happened. Finally - I've found people just as crazy as me!! I do lots of activities with my new friends that aren't part of the club organised events too - including kayaking, MTB, you'll soon find there's always someone willing to join you - no matter what you're up for!!

Best of luck,
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 493446

Follow Up By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:45

Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:45
Another tip - the marathon club (WAMC) also in our clubs list, run very cheap running events throughout the Perth area on a regular basis. Once you start going to these events you start to see the same faces - some triathletes some not. These are much better those big mass-run commercial events. Just pure running, low key, no fuss. There is also the Northern Suburbs Running Group (NSRG).

Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 769045

Reply By: Paulbags - Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 17:36

Thursday, Aug 23, 2012 at 17:36
Thanks Michelle that should keep me busy
AnswerID: 493462

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 14:23

Monday, Aug 27, 2012 at 14:23
Good luck with it!!

Baz