Review: Track Cycling (NCTC Members Only) - Last session

My Event Rating: My Rating 4/5

If you've never tried Track cycling I would encourage you to not let up an opportunity like this. With no brakes, no gears and no freewheel, you're challenged in ways you never expected. The hardest part comes when you first realise how very different the track bike is to your road bike. If the back wheel is turning so are the pedals so you can't just coast to slow down or use brakes. Track cycling is a great workout and you'll quickly realise how good it is for your strength, power, and stamina. The fun part starts after you've got your confidence and want to tackle the biggest challenge of all - taking your bike up the banked walls of the velodrome and ideally reaching the blue line! The only downside (for me personally) is that after a few visits once I'd got over the initial thrill I got bored with going around and around a 250 metre track and I'm not good enough to get into racing. So that's why I say take up the challenge if you've never tried it 'cause you're guaranteed to take yourself out of your comfort zone at least on the first night!
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator