Climbing in New Zealand & Tough Mudder...

Submitted: Monday, Oct 08, 2012 at 15:38
ThreadID: 98430 Views:2601 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
So much has been happening over the past month...

I climbed in New Zealand for one week on the Fox Glacier, I had a fantastic time and it sets me up for my ascent of Mt Aspiring in January next year.

Got back from NZ on the Friday and did the Sydney Tough Mudder on the Saturday. This is a great event and I’d encourage anyone with a slight interest to go ahead and do it. The obstacles aren’t that hard, just relentless, especially the mud. We jogged the course, and walked some of the steeper hills.

And to top that off we had a week in Fiji to recover from it all...!

Trust everyone is well, Baz, The Landy
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Monday, Oct 15, 2012 at 13:51

Monday, Oct 15, 2012 at 13:51
Well that explains where you've been lately! I had noticed you were quiet on the updates.

A number of my tri-girlfriends are hoping to do the Perth Tough Mudder (next October) so that's interesting to hear your feedback. Some of us found the Mudd Rush just a little too tame for our expectations but a bit concerned from what we've seen of the US YouTube clips of what could be in store from Tough Mudder. You say "not that hard, just relentless".... please explain?

eg. did you get chicken-runs around the harder obstacles? I found the gloves got slippery when wet - and thinking of not wearing them if I do Tough Mudder. Any more tips for doing Tough Mudder?

Michelle
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 496717

Follow Up By: The Landy - Monday, Oct 15, 2012 at 17:11

Monday, Oct 15, 2012 at 17:11
Hi Michelle

Yes, plenty happening over the past 6-8 weeks. The climbing is going well, especially after a week in New Zealand.

And Tough Mudder, we loved it. Personally I wouldn’t wear gloves and wear compression gear as it fits snuggly, better when you are covered in mud!

You will eat Tough Mudder, sure the mud is a bit relentless, but the obstacles aren’t that bad, fun really, and I’d be surprised if you are doing any of the ‘chicken runs’.

We are going again in February in Sydney.

Takes care, Baz
Cheers, Baz (The Landy)
Winning is an internal game, if you fall, get back up

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 772438