Review: Trek Albany Half Triathlon

My Event Rating: My Rating 5/5

Did this inaugural event on the weekend and loved it. Would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of entering the 2014 event - date already announced is the Sat 4th January. Well run/organised. Great scenery, and refreshing to have such a varied format to the usual flat multi-lap courses you tend to see. A great event to bring the family - with good accommodation options right at the race venue - or at least walking/biking/skating distance. Lots to see and do on your rest days. Loved it so much much, we'll be back for sure.
Some wish for it, others work for it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 14:59

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 14:59
A few other bits of feedback....

1. Needed an aid station closer to the T2 exit - the bike to run was very hot and many competitors cooked up before reaching the first aid station 2.5k along. The first beach car park would have been good!

2. The Emu Point aid station could be more practical if placed 500m back before the turnaround - ie. so you could use it twice 1k apart.

3. Bike course was great, but the official event photographers need to find better locations to take pics - we want pics in the aero-position, not at hill crests please when we're off the bars, and looking smashed!

Can't think of anything else to add. Please feel welcome to add your own comments.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 502005

Follow Up By: TriathlonOz - Michelle - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 15:45

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 15:45
I have just remembered a few other things....

1. Nice water bottles (800 ml) with good lids, so they're keepers.

2. No finishers medals (boo) but we understand, first time event, and low cost entry fee was appreciated.

3. Very nice event t-shirt included in race pack. Fits nice, good fabric, looks great.

4. Shame not to announce the age group winners at the very least.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 778361